Monday, December 10, 2007

Blog 4 (innovative way for instruction with software)

I participate in the PDS program at CSU and I was assigned to a Jr. High School, where I volunteer in Mrs. Nelson’s Read180 classroom. This class uses instructional technology everyday. Each class begins and ends with Mrs. Nelson directly instructing. In between these teacher driven lessons the students break off into three different stations and rotate between them. The first station is the Read 180 software; this is time to work on the computers. They read, listen, and write in this rotation. The second station is small group direct instruction; this is when Mrs. Nelson works with the students individually. The third station is silent reading or independent reading time. During the computer time the students practice their individual skills. The technology station helps the student better their spelling, reading, listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.